Monday 6 May 2013

My First Cavies

It has been a year since I got the first of my guinea pigs, and what a wonderful year it has been. As a child I had guinea pigs, but due to different circumstances I found many died, so due to the heart break i decided that maybe it was best not to get anymore. After I had kids I thought about getting them a pet, and finally last year decided to get them a guinea pig each. Well from there me and my girls where hooked, these piggies where like part of the family, and this time I made sure I had all the information about these wonderful little animals so as to give them a long and happy life with us.




So we got 4 little baby girls....2 sheltie types (Marshmallow and Skittles)...a short haired satin (Caramel), and a alpaca (fuzzy). Saddly little Fuzzy was stolen from his cage a few weeks after we got him, I later found out that a few had been stolen from outdoor hutches in our area, so I got an indoor cage to prevent this from happening again and got another little girl called Fudge. From this moment I became interested in everything cavy, and before I knew it i wanted to look into breeding these amazing little piggies, so that people didnt have to struggle to find quality cavies to have as pets, as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment